Fabulous 40th birthday ideas
Ideas and Tips for a 40th Birthday Celebration
Your 40th birthday, or “Ruby Jubilee”, needs to be celebrated. There are no two ways about it.
Of course, traditionally, there are many ways to celebrate a birthday. Some very strange birthday traditions take place in some countries, but we won’t get into that.
We just want to give you some more conventional and fun 40th birthday ideas to make you feel that extra bit special!
Of course, we cannot resist sharing some of the fantastic 40th birthday ideas our fabulous clients have come up with in the past for their birthday celebrations, and we hope they will help inspire your own!
So why not try out these fabulous ideas to get you in the party mode and make you feel special as you celebrate this milestone? And while you are at it check out the shoot below at Elizabeth Lodge ≫, a great venue in Boksburg if you need the space for your 40th birthday bash!
40th birthday ideas and ways to celebrate
40th birthday ideas for photoshoots
Tips to prepare for a 40th birthday photoshoot
1. 40th Birthday Ideas and Ways to Celebrate
If there is one time in your life not to hold back, then this is when you get to go big and celebrate YOU!
So here are some of the best 40th Birthday ideas and ways we think could help you do just that.
- Host a kick-ass party – what better way to celebrate your birthday than surrounded by your friends and family?
A party is a great way to get everyone together, and you can have a lot of fun planning it. You can get your besties involved in helping you out.
You can have some fun with a themed party idea, such as a great Gatsby-inspired evening or any theme your heart desires really!
- Make it a fantastic getaway – if a big party is not your thing, then why not make it a getaway to somewhere you have always wanted to go?
There are so many amazing things to see and do in the world – here are some of our favourite 40th birthday idea destinations.
– Manapools, Zimbabwe
– Brașov, Romania
– Santiago de Compostela, Spain
– Ohrid, Macedonia
– Arequipa, Peru
– Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Check off that bucket list – if ever there was a time to do those things you always wanted to do, then this is certainly it.
Whether it’s sky diving(while your heart can still take it) Or swimming with dolphins, just get out there and do it!
- Have a photoshoot to remember this milestone! We have so many great photoshoot ideas for you at Renphotos ≫ – so we will go through some of them below.
2. 40th birthday photoshoot ideas
There are many different ways you can use a photoshoot to commemorate your 40th birthday.
Here are a few of our favourite 40th birthday ideas for photoshoots.
If you are looking for 40th birthday gift ideas, then a photoshoot is also an awesome gift you can give to anyone – and it is very versatile!
You can make it one of these fun 40th birthday ideas below, or you can make it a more traditional style photoshoot with family or friends that preserves the memory.
- Cake smash photoshoot 40th Birthday Ideas – …Yes – for adults! This is a really fun one, and you can take it to any extreme you are comfortable with – some like to go all out.
Others just like to have the cake and show it off or do things a little more delicately with a fork and plate – both are equally fun and photogenic, so you do you!
- For the ladies – a beautiful boudoir shoot ≫ is a great way to celebrate your womanhood and make you feel sexy and sultry for your birthday!
Get yourself some sexy lingerie or anything you feel will make the photo like your partner’s favourite shirt if you want to give them a present too.
Then get your make-up and hair done and have fun with this – Don’t worry at Renphotos, we direct you on how to pose and go out of our way to make you feel comfortable.
- Pyjama Party 40th Birthday idea shoot – if boudoir is not your thing then host a pyjama party in your room or set up a studio to look like one with pillows and blankets.
Have on your favourite PJs while sipping champagne and eating cake in bed – these can make for some really memorable pictures!
- Colour or smoke bomb photoshoot – a great way to add some colour and fun to any photo shoot is to add some non-toxic powder paint.
Or smoke bombs in and get creative either just on your own or with a bunch of friends.
- Milk bath photos are a spin-off of a boudoir shoot but add another dynamic to the photos – and it’s not just for maternity!
You can also get fantastic boudoir photos in your lingerie in a milk bath. There is just something about the lace and texture that is absolutely stunning!
- Balloons and cake 40th birthday ideas – or you can just get all the birthday accessories and surround yourself with them to get some fantastic shots – in the studio or outdoors.
- Consider adding a photo booth ≫ to your 40th birthday event – this is a really fun element and a great way for your guests to interact.
And creates some awesome memories that you can have both digitally and in personalised prints ≫.
- As this is also known as your Ruby Jubilee, you could do a ruby-inspired photoshoot using the colour or the actual gem in the photos.
- Have a photographer cover your 40th birthday event so you have a well-documented record of all the shenanigans behind the scenes. After all this is a once in a lifetime event!
3. Tips to prepare for a 40th birthday photoshoot
As you only get to do this once, we have prepared some tips to help you get ready and feel amazing for your 40th birthday photoshoot.
- Choose an epic location for your photoshoot. You can check out these locations that we sometimes use.
Consider that you might need to pay for specific locations, but sometimes this is better than a public location as you have the entire venue to use rather than a limited space with people in the background.
Also, try and choose a venue that suits your theme and outfit. And remember that there may not be facilities at the venue you choose such as a bathroom, room to change in etc.
Particularly remote outdoor venues may take some time to get to and require walking in rough terrain etc., so you might want to bring some flat shoes for in-between photos and changing backgrounds.
- Get your hair and make-up done – You want to look and feel fabulous in front of the camera.
It makes a difference if you feel more confident, and when you feel beautiful, it shows.
So get yourself dressed up to the nines and feel the fabulous 40 that you are!
- Give yourself enough time to get ready and get to your shoot on time – your time slot for a photoshoot can be pretty strict.
Especially if the photographer has more than just your shoot on the day, or if you have an outdoor shoot, the lighting and time of day are REALLY important to get the right shots.
So you need to make sure you can get your hair and make-up done and get to the venue you are having your shoot done all in good time for the start time of the shoot.
Check the time you need to get to the venue and add another 20 minutes allowance for traffic. Then add another 20 minutes for things running late for other reasons.
Subtract the time you need to get into your dress and shoes etc. Then tell your hair and make-up they need to be finished by that time.
There is nothing worse than feeling rushed when you arrive at the shoot and getting off on the wrong foot with the photographer who is there to make you look and feel amazing.
- Bring some friends – you can have some great photos together, and they can help you relax in front of the camera and help with outfit changes and accessories etc.
- Bring some props or get the photographer to prepare some for you – just make sure you discuss it beforehand.
Don’t assume it is all included – we gave you some ideas above with colour, smoke bombs, balloons, cake, and champagne.
Bring it with you to get different shots and have fun with them!
- Consider your outfit or outfits carefully if you will be changing during the photoshoot.
Try and limit to 2-3 outfits for an hour shoot; otherwise, you will be spending too much time changing and not getting the actual photos.
And yes, we do allow you to change outfits as long as you arrive ready in your first outfit. So go wild!
Here are some awesome outfits and colour combinations we love ≫.
Last but not least, think about what you will wear for your photoshoot.
You want to make a statement with this. But, first, make sure you are comfortable so go with something that celebrates and defines you as a person!
That’s it! At the end of the day-your 40th birthday is a huge deal and should be celebrated in style!
We hope that these 40th Birthday ideas help you do just that. If you choose to have a photoshoot, keep our tips above in mind.
And Renphotos is happy to help you conceptualise and make your dream photoshoot a reality for your birthday!
Check out the links below for more info:
Congratulations on reaching this milestone in your life, and we look forward to meeting you!