3 budget Maternity Photography ideas
Simple Maternity photography tips to suit any budget and capture this special moment
Budget Maternity photography ideas do not have to look cheap! You can still have classy but simple maternity photography ideas that wont leave you in debt.
At the time of being pregnant in all honesty, you probably don’t feel like a million bucks, despite how much everyone says you are glowing. But as much as you might not feel it ( And I know some do – count yourselves lucky) You really are absolutely gorgeous during your pregnancy and it is a shame not to have such a special moment captured.
That said, By the time you have hired the maternity dress, got all the props, and hired the venue and the maternity photographer it can cost a small fortune. So these are some of my tips to make it a little easier on your wallet with the end result being that you still have beautiful maternity photography ideas captured for you to remember.
But first here are some beautiful simple budget maternity photography ideas from Christee and JP’s maternity shoot to inspire you and get you ready for your maternity photoshoot .
- Maternity photography tips on a lower budget
- Simple budget maternity photography ideas to try out
- Post conclusion
- About the Author
Tips for a Budget Maternity photoshoot
There are some really beautiful maternity photography ideas out there, but once you realise the cost of what goes in to some of them , its not for the faint hearted. The good news is we are here to give you some tips for some great maternity photography ideas without breaking the bank!
Simple Budget Maternity photography ideas and tips to try
- Maternity dresses are definitely part of the look – to get the drama and movement in the photos you see online these are definitely a must. However, hiring or buying a maternity dress for a photoshoot can be quite costly. Renphotos has come up with a solution to this- we have a small range of skirts that are made with beautiful long flowing material that still create this dramatic effect – at a fraction of the price! So ask us to see our range of skirts available and pair them with a dress you already have – or even tights and a tight-fitting top or lingerie for those of you who want more of a boudoir maternity shoot. The best part is they are more versatile so you can get hundreds of looks from the same outfit.
- I also do not work with an assistant – I ask you to bring a friend or family member with to your maternity photoshoot to throw skirts in the air and create movement . This cuts any extra costs of your photoshoot and is also a fun way for the rest of the family to get involved , as the shoot is mainly about you, but can be a little boring otherwise for everyone else if they just have to stand by and watch.
- You don’t have to hire a fancy venue for a maternity photoshoot. Yes, there are some stunning venues out there, don’t get me wrong, and if you have the budget for it by all means do go ahead with these maternity photograph ideas and looks. However, a good photographer will be able to take great photos in any location. The park close by, or the city, or even your own backyard and the street outside your house are all valid maternity photoshoot locations and completely free!
- One area you should not try to cut costs is your photographer. As per my previous point – it takes a good photographer to see the shot and know how to use the space and the light effectively to create the maternity photography ideas you envision. Choose an experienced maternity photographer that has produced the kind of photos you want to have of your pregnancy – and ask to see their previous work. The proof is in the pudding as they say!
5 Simple Budget Maternity photography ideas to try out
In addition, there are some really simple budget maternity photography ideas you can try that cost little to nothing extra.
- Use props that you already have bought for the arrival of your baby – such as a teeny tiny onesie or booties to make a simple personalized maternity photo.
- Use a window or backlighting to create a silhouette of your growing belly
- Get the siblings involved for some extra cute maternity photos- they are free :). And it’s a great way for them to get involved – get them to also show their bellies or to kiss yours.
- Sit on a bed or sofa with lingerie to really show off your maternity bump.
- If you want to announce the gender of your baby then getting a photo during your maternity photoshoot is a great idea and can be quite an exciting and authentic moment to capture. below are great DIY Budget maternity ideas for a gender reveal.
In conclusion, you can see that it is still very possible to have amazing budget maternity photography ideas captured for you to remember without breaking the bank. I hope that these tips for your budget maternity photography ideas will help you to achieve the maternity photos you have been hoping for. Renphotos has over ten years of experience with hundreds of maternity photography ideas – you can see some of them in the maternity photography blog. Also, check out these classy yet simple budget maternity photography ideas for more inspiration.
About the photographer and Author
I am a photographer from Johannesburg, South Africa, and now based in Utrecht in the Netherlands with over ten years experience in all types of photography and I love to get creative and push the boundaries – so any ideas you want to bring to life I am happy to help you create your vision! I love authentic moments but I also love the feeling of helping mums to be to feel like a million bucks during their pregnancy!
Ik ben een zwangerschaps fotograaf in Utrecht, Nederland.