25 valuable reasons for creating Wedding albums and prints!
Tips and reasons for printing out your beautiful wedding day photos
So your wedding day has come and gone, and you made sure you used a reliable, professional photographer to make sure all the little details of the day were captured as beautifully as possible.
But nowadays, our wedding photos are given to us on a USB or event transferred to cloud storage online, and let’s be honest, how often do we actually look at them once they are there?
We will look at the value of creating wedding photo albums and prints and give you some options for displaying your most beautiful memories in print form.
To get us started, here are some beautiful photos from Nicky and Ricky’s wedding at the Photo Factory Venue ≫
1. Reasons why you should print your wedding photos.
2. Different types of wedding albums and print formats.
3. Tips on deciding how to print your wedding photos!
4. Tips for creating your wedding photo album!
5. Tips for creating canvas prints!
So why should you print your memories in wedding albums and prints?
Your wedding photos are one of those things you really want, and then once you have them on a USB, you look at them once.
Maybe, share a couple on Instagram, and then you tend to put them away in a drawer and forget about them, which is a travesty.
Especially after all the effort that went into this big day and ensuring it’s been captured perfectly. Printing them out means you can give your memories the attention they deserve.
Here are some main reasons why we think you should create some wedding albums.
1. You get to see them more often if you have wedding albums than you would if they are tucked away on a hard drive or cloud somewhere as they are displayed for you to see
2. Most people don’t realise the actual value of these memories until they suddenly lose them.
Printing out your wedding photos for your wedding albums is an excellent way to preserve your favourite memories as a backup to your digital images in case anything ever happens.
And (we wouldn’t wish this on anyone) you lose them through corrupt disks or cloud hacking.
Similarly, If your albums are lost in a fire or stolen, the digital backup is still there, so it works both ways and goes without saying – have more than one backup
3. Paging through your memories or seeing them displayed on a wall or in wedding albums reminds you of the special day and time you shared with family, friends, and of course, your partner.
Different types of wedding albums and print formats you can consider.
How you print your wedding photos will ultimately depend on your budget and preference. But here are some of the ways we love to see your wedding photos displayed to give you some inspiration.
And there are options here to suit any budget.
1. Wedding albums or photobooks are a great way to display a more comprehensive selection of photos and tell the story of your special day.
You can include words from your favourite speeches, vows, or quotes you love. There are many types of wedding albums, and you will indeed find one that can meet any budget.
Wedding albums and prints can be more of a showcase of your best images, like a portfolio, or you can use more pictures and tell more of the story of your actual day.
2. Canvas prints are a great way to display images on the wall, and if you have a few of your absolute favourites, we recommend them – this way, each time you walk past them, you see them and are reminded of the special day.
They come in all sizes, from A5 to A0, and you can get some great combo deals for the different photos you love.
Wedding canvas print pricing will range from affordable smaller canvas sizes like A5 and A4.
But, of course, the thinner the frame for the canvas, the cheaper it will be – to the more expensive larger sizes of A1 and A0, and if you want to splash out, you can opt for a framed canvas print.
3. Completely budget-friendly personalised printing such as calendars, mugs, mousepads and keyrings are also a great way of gifting your wedding photos to friends and family.
Tips for deciding the best way to print your photos!
It can be overwhelming to see all the different types of wedding albums and print options.
So! Here are some tips to help you decide the best option for you and create a stunning wedding album or print collection you can proudly display.
1. Choose the images you want to print first; this will help you determine the best way to display them.
If you’re going to print 100 or so images, you will need a photobook as it’s generally impossible to print this many for your wall.
If you only have one or two that you love and want to print – or even 20-30 depending on your budget, then you can look at canvas print options.
2. Check your wall space and see if you can display your images on a wall in the first place.
If you have lots of spaces in your house that can be filled with memories and make your house a home, then this is an excellent option.
3. Determine your budget – this should be the last factor you consider, as we are discussing something that will last you a lifetime.
But it is still important to consider what you are willing to spend on your prints.
Wedding albums are generally a more cost-effective way of printing your images than canvasses, depending on the type of photobook or wedding photo album you choose.
Tips for creating stunning wedding albums!
If you have decided that wedding albums or photo books are the best way to display your printed images, here are some tips for creating a breathtaking wedding album you can be happy to show anyone.
1. Less is more – meaning be selective with the images you want to put in the book and try not to repeat pictures too much.
2. If you are buying your wedding albums or photobooks through your photographer, ask to see some samples beforehand.
Seeing pictures online sometimes gives a different impression of what the final product will be. So it’s a fantastic idea to see how your wedding album will actually look!
Most photographers should have some samples available.
3. Decide if you want a story-type photobook or more of a display album. Display wedding albums will typically have fewer pictures, and the photos will be much bigger in the book as they are each showcased and carefully selected like a portfolio.
4. Consider adding in words such as quotes, vows or speeches from your wedding day to make it even more personal and unique to you
5. Get your photographer or a professional to do the design. At Renphotos, we do the design for you and send it back to you for approval before it goes to print.
Because we have done this for many years, we know how to keep your album consistent and deal with small print pitfalls that are easy mistakes to make but can ruin your wedding albums very quickly.
6. Consider the binding in your book – standard binding means that the book and pages don’t lay completely flat, whereas lay-flat binding means the pages will lay completely flat, and images can spread across a double page.
7. Also, consider the weight of the paper for your wedding albums – heavier paper generally means better quality and will last longer.
8. The format of the wedding album is essential – for a lay flat, it’s better to have a square or portrait format as images will spread across the double page and will fit better this way.
However, if you have standard binding, a landscape format is probably better as it gives more space on either side of the binding to display images, and images won’t get lost in the book’s centre.
9. Choose a timeless design – try to avoid too many gimmicky or currently trending ideas and stick to the classics – as, with the actual photos, you want to have something that will last you a lifetime and won’t become dated.
Tips for creating beautiful canvas displays!
If you have decided to print your photos on canvas or other large print formats, here are some tips for creating an exceptional display that you will love forever.
1. See some examples of the print sizes beforehand – this will give you a better idea of how big each print can be as this can get confusing, and often the actual size ends up being smaller than you think it will look.
2. Determine how many images you want to print first on canvas before deciding on the canvas collection – this way, you know how big you can print them and more or less how much space you will need and can narrow down the options you are looking to purchase.
3. Be consistent with the theme and colouring in the prints you choose – choosing images with different colours or some in black and white and some in colour can be distracting and a bit jarring.
4. Consider the wall space before you print and ensure your canvas collection will fit on the wall properly with enough space to give it the attention it deserves.
5. Make sure you get the spacing between canvasses even between all of them, as even a few millimetres out can be very distracting
6. Consider the light in the room they will be displayed – having spots on them, or good lighting can make them stand out. Similarly, having the wrong colour light can make the images seem garish or too dimly lit won’t do the images justice.
7. Make sure the image will fit nicely on the canvas without cropping it into the picture or leaving a border. Most printers will ask you to upload a proof, or you can get us to do it for you and rest assured that the image will be displayed correctly on the final canvas.
I am sure you can see the value of printing out your most cherished memories. And although the process can seem overwhelming initially, once you break it down and think about what you want to print you will find the decisions you have to make much more manageable.
Wedding albums are a great way to preserve the entire story of your wedding, whereas canvas prints can display your most favoured wedding pictures for you to view daily.
Plus, Renphotos is here to help you through the process and will help you to design, send you proofs of the design before going to print and get everything printed out perfectly for you. All you have to do is choose the images you want to print.
Check out our wedding photo album and canvas print prices, and get in touch with us if you require any further information or want to see some examples.
Also, check out our Facebook≫, Instagram≫ and Pinterest≫ to see more great photoshoots!