10 top Utrecht Event photography preparation tips
How to Prepare your event photographer for your photoshoot
Utrecht Event photography is a fast-paced industry and as such you need a Utrecht event photographer who is prepared for your event in advance and knows exactly what is required of them so that you do not have to worry about the day that they are not getting the right shots. Also if your event photographer is not well informed they may be focusing on shots you don’t want.
Imagine hosting a fantastic event and then not being able to share the success of your event properly because the photos don’t have the right content or lighting or look and feel that your business requires. That is why it is really important to know that you and your event photographer are on the same page before the actual event. But how do you prepare your event photographer for your specific event?
As a Utrecht event photographer, I have some experience with this and I have put some tips and advice together to help you achieve the best results and communication.
- Photos from utrecht event photography at the Ortus Club
- What made this event easier from my perspective as an utrecht event photographer
- More you can do to make sure you get the most from your event photography
- More about me as an utrecht event photographer
3 Top things the Ortus Club did that helped me prepare as an event photographer
As an Event photographer I was honored to get a call from The Ortus Club for utrecht event photography at the color kitchen. Here you can see how good preparation and communication is key to get the most out of your event. The Ortus Club is an international company that hosts events worldwide for their esteemed clients and as such has a lot of experience dealing with these types of settings daily. Here are some of the key communication points :
- They are very clear about the look and feel they require from their photos, with multiple examples shown beforehand so that you as the event photographer can adjust your settings and think accordingly.
- They make sure that you are aware of where the event is being held, they also go the extra mile by sending you directions and different ways to get to the venue so you can make sure you are there on time and well-informed. They also give details of which room the event will be in etc which for some event venues with multiple locations, can be extremely helpful.
- They send you a brief beforehand of what you need to focus on. who is important, what you need to try and avoid in your photos, how many people you need in your photos, how many detail shots, and how many photos I need to submit overall. This is all helpful to me as the event photographer because I can then plan my shoot accordingly and I know where I need to position myself to get the best shots.
More things you can do to prepare your event photographer for your event
There are many more things you can do to help your event photographer prepare for an event. Here are some of the best things to consider
8 more tips to prepare for utrecht event photography
- Make sure the photographer knows the deadline and remuneration: You should discuss how many images are expected, when they are expected by and what your budget is for the photoshoot. Get an official quote from the photographer with terms and conditions so you know you are all on the same page.
- Site Visit (if possible): Arrange a pre-event visit to the venue with your photographer. This allows them to plan shots and understand the lighting and layout. And also discuss spacing of items that might not be there at the time of this visit, such as chairs that will be laid out and may be in a path that the photographer needs to use.
- Point of Contact: Assign a point of contact for the photographer at the event. This person can assist in organizing groups for photos and addressing any immediate concerns. The photographer can meet with them beforehand as well at the venue, or on the day to have final briefing and make sure all are on the same page.
- Legal and Administrative Details: Discuss and finalize the contract for the utrecht event photography, including payment terms, rights to the images, cancellation policies, etc. Ensure they have any necessary permits or clearances, especially for public or restricted venues. This is not up to your photographer unless arranged beforehand. if you have a specific venue in mind then you need to make sure it is possible to use it. It also helps if the venue you choose has experience with events.
- Special Requirements or Constraints: Inform them about any specific rules or guidelines of the venue regarding photography. Such as the use of flash ,what lighting can be used, where they can and cannot be, moving around your event attendees without getting in their way. Let them know about any sensitivities or cultural considerations they should be aware of.
- Equipment and Backup Plans: Make sure your event photographer has the necessary equipment for the job. They may require a wide-angle lens for a smaller room, or a telephoto lens to take photos from further away – This is why they also need to see the venue beforehand. Also, discuss a backup plan for your utrecht event photography in case of equipment failure or unexpected weather conditions 9which are common in the netherlands) and what you want to do in this case.
- Dress Code and Event Behavior: Photographers should dress to blend in, so Inform them about the dress code and any expected behavior, especially if it’s a formal or themed event. But bear in mind they also need to be able to move easily and freely and get to equipment quickly if necessary so comfort is still key. Especially if it is a long event where they need to be on their feet most of the time.
- Feedback and Communication: Keep open communication and respect their feedback. Also be open to suggestions especially where lighting and spacing are involved as they likely have more experience to get the best shots from this.
More about me as an utrecht event photographer
I am an utrecht event photographer based in Nieuwegein, just south of the city of Utrecht, and as such have easy access to the city for events. I have over ten years experience as an event photographer and I have photographed all types of events from birthday parties to large corporate events of up to 400 people.
Each event is unique, but the same rules do apply for preparation and communication which is why I think these tips are really important to get the most from your event photoshoot.
You can see more of my event photoshoots in the events photography blog.
In conclusion, it is easy to make the connection that to get the most from your Utrecht event photography, open and clear communication and preparation in advance is necessary. But with these tips above you can be assured that your event photographer is well-informed and that you will get the most out of the event photoshoot from them. The event itself may only be a few hours, but the event photos will last forever and will become a marketing tool for you in the future. So making sure that you have the absolute best angles and the right content is key.
Are you looking for utrecht event photography? Then get in touch with me on the contact page and lets see how we can make your event a success!